Friday, June 20, 2014

Guest Post: Ashley @ Baseball-Diamonds & Hairspray

Hello everyone! 

My name is Ashley...


.. and I blog over at Baseball-Diamonds & Hairspray.. sharing tidbits of our newlywed lifeon the farm DIY tutorialsour world in baseball, life behind the chair, and more!

I have been married to my best friend, Shane AKA Coach, for just over a year and a half and we are the parents to three precious puppies the 3 Amigos. They can be hilarious and bring so much joy to our lives!

Before I go any further, CONGRATS to Lauren and Cody on tying the knot.. What an exciting time in your life! Can't wait to see pics from your Big Day! I have no doubt they are going to be breathtaking! I hope you two are having an absolute wonderful time in the Bahamas and can't wait to hear all about it when you return.
And thank you so much Lauren for allowing me to guest post!


Without going into too many details, Coach and I were set up on a blind, haircut date in 2006... I have been working on the full story and it will be ready to share soon... December 2011 we got engaged and November 2012 we were hitched. In July 2011, my lease was up at my condo in Athens, Ga and Coach and I took a huge step forward with me moving into this beautiful now 96 year old home. 
I remember saying when I was younger and seeing beautiful homes with the huge columns in the front that I would LOVE to live in an 'antique' home, as I called it... well, be careful what you ask for because you may just get it! 
Our house was built in 1918 by Coach's ancestor's and before he returned to his hometown from playing baseball he purchased this house when it became available on the market. When he returned home, he got to work in making some upgrades, but kept as much as he could original. 
This home has so much CHARACTER and I LOVE it all! I don't think I have fully appreciated this type of thing until I have actually lived here... so much history in this house! I will ask my MIL questions about it randomly and it's so awesome to hear about the history of the house and the family. Her dad grew up in this house and her grandmother cooked from our kitchen! My SIL lives just walking distance from our house and hers is much older than ours.. also from their ancestors. 
It is BEAUTIFUL! 
Maybe she will let me share her home tour one day.

In the meantime, I just want to share a few of my favorite details around the house...

Let's start in the foyer with this sewing machine. 
It was found upstairs in the ATTIC after Coach bought the house!! Can you believe it?
Connie, my MIL, has talked about it going home with her several times but I just can't picture it out of our foyer. She so graciously lets it keep its home here. 
I can't help but to think of the clothes that were made from here!




Another piece of this home I love is the windows in the foyer that leads into our 'office'.. This one on the left can be opened further and just on the other side of the office is the other one in the dining room. This one was painted shut for the time being but from what I hear can hopefully be opened in the future.. I do hope so.. I love how unique this is. 
I have never seen this anywhere else!


We enjoy this fireplace so much in the winter! It keeps us and our puppies warm. They absolutely love it all cuddled by the fire! 
Please excuse the empty picture frame. I am still indecisive of what picture I want to go in there. One thing I do think is awesome is the piece of crate I found in the attic. It has been up there ever since I have been here and I believe since the house was bought too. I love how unique it looks! Our TV is supposed to go on the wall but our receptacles don't work and for the time being this is how I have it decorated. The cotton theme goes perfect in our house since it was apart of our wedding.



There is a fireplace in the living room, both bedrooms, and kitchen. We recently got our house appraised and the appraiser told us it would be in our best interest to open up all of them into working fireplaces. Works for me! I would love to be able to build a fire in our bedroom.. better yet in the kitchen while I am cooking.





This one isn't finished but I do believe the mantle used in our wedding is going to be mounted here.. whenever its brought up from the wedding site. Yes. It is still there. Don't judge. Or Coach has given me the go ahead to design a new one. 


I love love love the bead board.. on the ceilings and the walls all throughout the house. There are no words.. I just LOVE it!!
And the disk the chandelier mounts to. This is my fave one in the house. I stare at it often and I have started eating breakfast in here instead of at the kitchen bar.


 All the interior knobs and doors are original. How awesome is it having these keyholes on all your interior doors?? If you look at our doors and door frame all of them are uneven with lots of character.


Our hardwoods are original and all Coach wants to do is add a sealant. He loves it when I mop and they are all dark and shiny. 


This section my not be original but it's one of my faves. Memories of baseball, wedding, and one of my fave books given to us for a wedding gift.. 1 Corinthians 13 is one of my all time favorites.
I love this little nook in our living room.


Which one was your favorite??
I hope you enjoyed this mini tour of our home!

I would love it if you stopped by, said hello and even started following along on our journey with us! 

Thank you again so much for having me Lauren!

signature





 photo fiiiiiiiindmeeee_zps496dabcf.png


6 comments :

  1. You're just going to have to find a new mantle for your kitchen. That one should just stay right where it's at!! Plant flowers, put some chairs or a swing near by.. It's a great memory and has so much character where it's at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful history!! I love historic homes, and it is even better that it is family history :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I'm thinking I'm going to try and get old pics of the family for another fun history post. :)

      Delete