Thursday, January 4, 2018

It's a PAWTY | Harper's 2nd Birthday


Actual conversation.

Me: Harper, how old are you?
Harper: Yellow.

And just like that, our sweet little yellow loving girl turned T W O.
Somebody pinch me.



For the last few months, Harper has loved everything cat and dog related.
One of her very first words was "dog" but more so pronounced "daaaaawg." I love my little southern girl. And quite honestly, this December birthday of hers has thrown me for a loop a couple times with choosing themes - something about all the Christmas decorations throws me off my inspiration game. So, I decided to go with something that I knew she would love - which is really what I should have been thinking all along anyway - and decided that we were going to have a PAWTY with cats & dogs.




I found adorable invitations through Etsy that really drove my inspiration with the colors and decorations. My goal was for it be really fun and colorful, but not super complex either. A lot of the details were really easy, but when combined together made it really special I think. I loved using Pinterest as inspiration too, and found a lot of cute ideas for food also. I didn't want to really cook anything hardly, so I wanted food to be super easy. A hot dog bar (pronounced "dot dogs" by Harper), pupcorn (popcorn cones), potato chips (pawtato chips), meow mix (goldfish + pretzels) and other easy little snack foods. 

Harper was surrounded by so many of her loved ones and friends. She really turned on the 'ham-o-meter' and worked it pretty darn well. My favorite part of the day was when we all gathered around the cake, starting singing to her, and her sweet little face lit up. I think it kinda embarassed her a little because she nustled her little face into me, but peeked out to look at everybody and smiled. She even blew her candles out with a little help. It was such a sweet day.














































4 comments :

  1. Adorable!! Great theme and looks like she had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get the dog/cat banner and fold outs? They are so cute! I found the invitations on Etsy.

    Thanks,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you use for bones on the cupcakes

    ReplyDelete