Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Twenty-Four

I'm not sure what I thought I would be doing at 24 when I was younger, but I'm pretty sure I thought that you were a REAL adult then.
You we're officially a "grown-up."

Yeah, 18 is really the age you become an "adult" but let's face it - most of us don't act like it.
I always thought I would have a good job, lots of friends, a boyfriend, living on my own in a cool apartment. Lots of money to spend on myself. Really fancy clothes. All that good stuff.

For the most part I have all that.
A fiance in my case. Renting a house. Some good friends. I do have a good job. Not lots of money, but enough to get by. Clothes aren't too fancy.
And I'm completely content with that right now.

But I don't feel like this birthday is as life changing as I imagined when I was younger.
It's almost just another day - except I actually have a good [instead of a crappy one] excuse to eat cake.

I do feel like I'm at the age where life gets a lot more serious.
Obviously, I'm getting married this year. My fiance and I plan on beginning the house hunting process towards the end of the year. We do want to have kids sooner, rather than much later. 

I think 24 is the year where I get my life together.
And I think I'm ready for the journey.
With y'all following along of course. :)

--- 

Sunday afternoon we headed over to my mom's house to celebrate me turning twenty-four with my family. My mama made yummy lasagna and bought my favorite - cookie cake.
It was nice to spend it with my family, including my grandparents and aunt.

But Maci kinda stole the show with her cuteness. :)
You'll see.












And now for the rest of my birthday - I'll be cozying it up on the couch with my honey bunny, Moo & Hank because SCHOOL IS CANCELLED Y'ALL!
Thank you -10 degree weather. :)

21 comments :

  1. For some reason I thought the same about turning 25! Happy birthday! Hope you are having a great week!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Hope you enjoy your day off. My pup Bo wishes I had the day off so he didn't have to go outside later this morning when I head to work. Thankfully my brother will be able to bring him back inside so he's not out there all day. Cookie cakes are pretty awesome! I took one to work for my birthday last year and couldn't stop eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy happy birthday! enjoy this relaxing day, celebrating you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!! What an exciting year for you with getting married and beginning house hunting. It's crazy how when we were younger we thought we would be adults at 24 but I don't feel like a "real adult" I feel like an "almost adult". Your boots are super cute and that cookie cake looks so delicious! happy birthday again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's how I felt when I was younger. I thought I would have it all figured out by now.HA! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Birthday!! 24 is going to be a BIG year for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday!! I about had a nervous breakdown at 25, now I'm going on 28. You've got a lot to look forward to this year, enjoy!! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday from Kentucky! 24 is fun! And what an awesome gift of a snow day :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! I love the dapple dachshund! My parents have a dapple and a red and I have a black & tan.

    I have a lifestyle blog where I blog about fashion, beauty, my pregnancy, & more. I would love it if you checked it out and let me know what you think!

    Kelcie xo
    Kelcie Talk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you had a wondering birthday girl! I love your adorable outfit and your super cute family! Plus that cake looks absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday sweet friend! Mine is 18 days, who knew we were so "close!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!! Yay you got the boots! Now we're twins!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! I know exactly what you are talking about! I use to think I'd have it all together by the time I was 25. Ha, not even close! Congratulations on being on your way to becoming an adult ;) I'm a little behind, but hopefully I'll get there soon!

    jess | Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!! Loving those boots, I think they are similar to the ones I just bought in black!! And you'll get everything figured out, enjoy your engagement and marriage for a little before the kiddos come along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I stumbled across your blog from Jessica at The Newly. I'm fixing to turn 25 and even though I'm married, own a house, my dream car, and just had a baby... I still can't say I feel grown up haha Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday!!! Don't dogs just make the cutest and most sweetest faces??!! Adorable!! Enjoy 24! I can't even remember where I was or what I was doing when I was 24. o'well...Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday! Have a fabulous year :)

    ReplyDelete