Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Rusty the Weenie Dog

If you've followed me for awhile, you know I have an unhealthy obsession with my dog.
I'll be the first to admit that I am a crazy dog mom and proud of it.
I love everything about Maci, including her sassy little weenie dog personality.
Because of her, I've completely fallen in love with dachshunds, and can't imagine not having one now that I've owned one. She's been the perfect dog for me and a blessing in my life. 

Unfortunately, not everybody feels the same way I do about their dogs.


Meet Rusty. :)

My sister showed me Rusty on Instagram, and I completely fell in love.
His precious little face instantly grabbed my heart, and I had to follow him.
 
Rusty was burned by his previous owners.
His teeth show due to the severity of his burns, and his eyes water a lot as well.
Luckily, Rusty was adopted to a loving home, and he can now live happily.

I can't wait to follow Rusty, and keep up with him.
He reminds me just how lucky our Hank & Maci are.
It makes me appreciate them, and will probably remind me to give them an extra hug and kiss every now and then. [Not like they don't get a million already.]

Rusty's story has also inspired me to adopt a rescue next go around.
DREAM Dachshund Rescue in Georgia has many loveable doxies ready to be adopted to a loving, forever home.

If you would like to follow Rusty, you can by clicking here.
 

6 comments :

  1. Oh so sad! I am so glad that he found a home! Some people shouldn't be allowed to have an animal! We rescued our pup from the shelter, and would do it again if we get another!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just breaks my heart. I will never understand people who intentionally hurt innocent animals. It is absolutely terrible! I'm so glad this sweet baby was reduced and is now with a loving family. Oh, and being a crazy dog mom is something we should definitely be proud of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had weenie dogs my whole life and can't imagine not having one as well! We have a puppy named Oscar Meyer haha... Rusty is adorable! Thanks for sharing this sweet story of second chances for this pup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wrap my head around people who hurt animals. They have no voice and yet people are so cruel to them. Happy Rusty was adopted and will now know only love for the rest of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that makes me sick! He is precious! How someone can deliberately burn a dog is BEYOND me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, poor little Rusty! I'm glad he got a good home.

    ReplyDelete