Thursday, December 3, 2015

Dear Harper


Dear Harper,

     I can't believe you're almost here (and I can't believe I'm already tearing up writing this letter to you - but get used to it sweet girl, we love you so much already). As I write this letter to you sitting in your nursery, I can't help but think back to the day I told your daddy about you, our blessing from above. I'll forever remember the look of disbelief, but instant love as soon as he heard the news in this very room. I have to say, I was a little in disbelief, as well. How could we be so lucky to call you our very own? 

     From the very moment we found out that we were going to be parents, we felt an instant connection with you even though we hadn't even officially met. You instantly had daddy wrapped around your tiny finger (and just between you and me, you always will). As for me - well, we have a different type of connection. As the saying says, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside. For the last nine months, you've stepped every step with me, you've heard every breath I've took, you've felt every cry and every laughter. I've watched you grow from the inside and out. I've felt every jab, every kick, every hiccup. You have given me a different title - a title that nobody can ever take away from me. A title that I hold with pride. A title that only some can be blessed with. The title of 'mommy.' Something I've always wanted to be. 

     You're a lucky little girl already, Harper Elizabeth. So many people can't wait to already meet you. 

     Your daddy - well, he's been dying to meet you as long as I have. He's the one to go to if you want a good laugh, a shoulder to cry on, someone to protect and hold you for as long as you need. I have a feeling that you two are going to be inseparable - he has a list a mile long of things he wants to show you, teach you, and do with you. He's going to be the man of your dreams, a role model, and best of all, the first man you'll ever love with all your heart (and believe me, it's easy to do). 

     You have grandparents, aunts, uncles, great grandparents, friends - the love that will surround you will be overwhelmingly wonderful. Anything you'll ever need will be right at their fingertips, waiting for your sweet little hands to lovingly grab. You're blessed beyond belief to have them in your life. They'll never let you down, and be there for you anytime you need. I promise you of that. 

     And how could I forget about Maci and Hank. I'm sure you've heard them already - in fact, I know you have. They're kinda like having a brother and sister, except they'll never pick a fight with you, they'll give you a million kisses, and snuggle whenever you need it the most. They may steal a toy every once in awhile, but I promise they're a lot of fun and will give you all the unconditional love a puppy can give.

     As we inch closer to the day of finally meeting, I have so many hopes and dreams for you as your mom. I can't wait to experience all your "firsts" with you, and I know you'll teach me a lot of new "firsts" as well. I can't promise that I'll be the perfect mom all the time, but I'll do everything in my power to always try my best. I can only pray for your health, your safety, and your love in return. Daddy and I both promise to protect you for as long as we live, to give you a roof over your head, food on the table, a loving home for you to always come back to, a shoulder to cry on, a marriage to wish for, and the ability to trust in the Lord with all of your heart. Our hearts are open to you, sweet girl. We couldn't be more proud of you. We couldn't be more excited to lock eyes with you for the first time. I know there's one thing for sure - we love you so much already, but there's plenty more room in our hearts for more.

     I love you, Harper Elizabeth - and I always will, forever and ever. And more than that. (you'll understand that one day) The day we meet will be the best day of my life. You've forever changed me little one.

Love forever,
Mommy


 photo signature_zpsef1dea38.png

3 comments :

  1. Aw Lauren this is so beautiful! It made me tear up. It's funny but the best gift any of your family gives your child is love. I've been in awe at the way people's love for Ben warms my heart. You will be awesome parents and she is one lucky little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren Elizabeth you just made me full on ugly cry at work!! You two are going to be the most incredible parents, Harper is one blessed little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beyond wonderful! I am sitting at my desk trying to hide the tears!!

    ReplyDelete