Monday, April 11, 2016

A Splash of Color

What can get me out of bed at 4am to drive 2 hours away just to go run...errr...jog...okay, walk?
Only The Color Run!
That's right. A 4am wake-up call on a Saturday was in order for us to make it a few hours south for "The Happiest 5K on the Planet." And the word "happiest" couldn't have been more true. We had a blast getting in our morning exercise while being sprayed with colored powder along the way.
We really took our time going through the course, but it was almost more fun that way. We did some running and jogging off and on - more than I thought I could even do at this point post baby - but with the amount of people in some spots, walking was more realistic. Not to mention, the slower you go through the color sections, the more color you get - and that's really the best part anyway.
I've never had so many parts on my body jiggle while running - keepin' that mom life real - but it was really nice doing something for myself with my sister and friends. Not to mention, it was my sister's birthday - so lots of celebrating was in order!
We all decided that this event needed to be a yearly ritual from now on.
Nothing like cleaning blue powder out of your ears for three days!






















 photo sign_zpsxdahgkfa.png

No comments :

Post a Comment