Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Teacher's Heart

I was quickly reminded Monday morning how much my students mean to me.

We started our day just like any other, with one student missing in particular.
It was an obvious difference. 
A quieter difference, but not in a good way.
The rest of my kids and I started our day like we always do.
I had a brief second to check my email, and that's when I read the news.

The student of mine that was missing was very ill in the hospital. 
For this student in particular, it was serious.

My heart dropped.
I looked at my kids, and realized they all hold a piece to my heart.
And one piece was missing.
We're a family.
When one is down, we're all down.

We're hoping for a speedy recovery, and can't wait to see this student back in class with the rest of the gang.

Saying lots of prayers today.
For all my kids.


5 comments :

  1. Oh no! Is it who I think it is?? Praying for this student and your little class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your student. My husband is a teacher so this hits home. They are definitely like family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Prayers! I know that feeling! All my students have def stayed with me and have a piece of my heart forever!

    xoxo, Jess
    http://diyfrugalbride.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying!!! It is really amazing how attached you become to them

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! So sad!!! So sorry! Praying!

    ReplyDelete