Thursday, July 9, 2015

Bumpdate || Seventeen




How far along: 17 weeks

Due Date: December 17, 2015

Baby is the size of: Turnip - about 5 inches, 5 ounces

Symptoms: Still stuffy in the morning and evening. Headaches seemed to have tempered down for now. Lower abdominal muscle pain occasionally - I'm pretty sure this belly is going to be growing a bunch here soon. One case of a bloody nose, but hasn't happened since. My least favorite symptom of all is all of this ACNE. Just go away. :(

Gender: A sweet, precious little GIRL!!! I still don't believe it, I really don't. But I sure do love saying "her" now instead of "it!" You can check out our gender reveal party here.

Name: Well now that we know we're having a GIRL - we're debating between a few. It's a really big deal so I don't want us to pick the wrong one. :)

Movement: Yes! I started feeling her last Friday evening after seeing her wiggle around on the ultrasound screen and I kinda started putting two and two together. I kinda figured I'd feel her sooner rather than later since she is growing almost a week ahead of schedule. But I love it! I've noticed the most movement in the evenings.

Nursery: I never thought I'd be decorating a girl nursery, but I absolutely LOVE the thought of it. We're trying to look into cribs here recently. 

Maternity Clothes: I haven't given in yet, but my summer break wardrobe has it's days numbered since I'll be headed back to school in a few weeks.

Sleep: No problems sleeping here. 

Best Moment This Week: FINDING OUT WE WERE EXPECTING A LITTLE GIRL!

Doctor's Appointment: We had a doctor's appointment last Thursday to listen to the heartbeat. We could hear here wiggling all around on the Doppler before we heard the heartbeat, which was 155. She's a wild woman. :)

Missing Anything: Need I even say it? Sub sandwiches. I don't want a hot sandwich, I want a COLD one. Only because I can't have it of course.

Cravings/Aversions: I've been dyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying for a Greek salad. I'm really liking cold veggies - cucumbers, celery, radishes, red peppers. I could eat pizza as much as possible too. I'm not thrilled about grilled chicken still.

Health/Exercise: I plan on getting back to my walking schedule here soon. It sounds terrible, but planning our gender reveal and stressing out over our reveal box totally knocked me on my butt, so I've been resting a lot. I did spend the day yesterday working in my classroom, so I'm not completely sitting on my butt.

Mood: Not as moody as I have been this week, probably cause I'm SO excited to know that we're having a little girl!!! EEEK! SO HAPPY!

Husband: Completely ecstatic to be having a little girl! Definitely getting a little protective of her already. I'm pretty sure he feels extremely blessed for her already like I do.

Looking Forward To: More kicks and wiggles as baby girl gets stronger. And weirdly enough - getting back to my classroom and getting my plans together for the beginning of school. (I'll regret that come August, I'm sure)

{{ previous bumpdates }}


eight || nine || ten

eleven || twelve || thirteen


fourteen || fifteen || sixteen



 photo signature_zpsef1dea38.png

4 comments :

  1. So cute!! I had a lot of round ligament pain around 17 weeks as well and that's also when the bump started to pop! Pregnancy acne is the worst! So many things I read said that it should start to disappear after the first trimester, but I feel like mine has only gotten worse since then. I've finally given in and just come to the conclusion that my chin will be broken out until the day I give birth (and probably for a while thereafter). Pizza sounds delicious and chicken still sounds nasty to me as well. Maybe it's a baby girl thing?! Steven is also super protective of Charlie Beth already. Isn't it adorable to watch our husbands become dads? I love it!! I'm just so happy for you!! YAY for baby girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this! I remember having tons of headaches that started to get better around week 17. I unfortunately am still struggling with a stuff nose in the mornings and evenings but nothing too terrible! Try not to be too hard on yourself for not going out and walking. I know I've definitely done it throughout my pregnancy and I need to remember to just give my body a break! But I have been actually letting myself take some days off when I need them the last week or so. I'm just so happy you're having a little girl too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reveal box was totally worth it, it was honestly one of the coolest reveals and I loved watching the video :)

    XO Taylor @ The Southerndoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my prego friends said her dr recommend heating the deli meat up then letting it cool in the fridge for when she wanted a cold sub. Don't know if that will help your craving but it might be worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete