Thursday, June 30, 2016

Four Generations

Shortly after Harper was born, my grandfather passed away unexpectedly.
Even though it was pretty sudden, we were lucky enough to make it to the hospital to say a final goodbye. He loved Harper so much, even though he only met her twice. He thought she was beautiful, and without saying it, was a little scared of her. She was tiny and fragile, but regardless, completely beautiful in his eyes.

With his passing, our family had to make some changes.
My grandparents lived on a few acres of land in the same house throughout my entire childhood. I literally could go on for days sharing and reminiscing about all the memories that were made at this house. With my grandmother now living alone, at almost 90 years old and hard of hearing, it became unsafe for her to live there by herself. It was decided to sell the house and the land, and move her to an independent living facility. Although I knew it was for the best, my heart felt even more broken than it did before with saying goodbye to not only my grandfather, but to this place that housed so many of my childhood memories.

Before we could say goodbye, I thought it would be really sweet and special if my friend Ashley could take pictures at their house of my grandmother, mother, sister, and my sweet little Harper. Poppie would have loved the idea I truly think, and we would always have a little piece of the place to remember. She once again did an amazing job. I don't think we can ever thank her enough.











































A few weeks after these pictures were taken, my mom and stepdad realized they didn't want to see the house and property go. Wanting to move from their house, they decided it would be the perfect place to start a new chapter. They purchased the house, with plans to remodel and make their own. Regardless of the changes to come, this place will be the perfect home away from for our sweet Harper. Creating memories for a lifetime with her grandparents, just like I was able to with mine.
Four generations, many more memories.
 photo sign_zpsxdahgkfa.png

No comments :

Post a Comment