Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 13 for '13

As we all prepare for the wild night ahead of us...
Wait. I just laughed at myself. 

Board games. Eating. Party hats. 
Those are wild in my book tonight. 
But whatever night you plan on having, New Years is a time when we all look back. 
Look back at the good, the bad and maybe even the ugly moments from the concluding year.

Although I've already highlighted the  top moments on my blog with my Cheers to a New Year link-up, I want to count down [because New Years is all about counting down, right?] the top 13 more personal moments of 2013

This past year had plenty of moments that I wish never occurred. 
But overpowering the bad of course, were the good. 

 
13. Birth of a Blog

Peach State of Mind was born on June 1st of this year.
A blog was something I always wanted to try, but finally worked up the courage to start.
After hitting 100 followers, I know I made the right choice. I love the ladies I get to talk to and the support they offer. 
Thanks ladies :)

12.  One Bad Grandma

Back at the beginning of the year, my Nannie was sick.  Very sick. 
It wasn't the way any of us wanted to kick off the new year, but in a way, it was good. 
We saw how much she meant to us. We saw how much we loved her. 
And we also saw how much we still needed her. 
And apparently God thought so too. 

Because she's still kicking butt and taking names. 

11. Free Wine

Cody started a new job  back in September.
Sales representative for a wine company.
It was one of those things  that we weren't totally expecting and took us by surprise.
But we both had a gut feeling it was where he needed to be in order for us to get where we want to go in the future.  (And I promise it wasn't the free wine talking)
We're hoping 2014  proves us to be correct!

10. First 5K - In Color

The Color Run.
One of my favorite days of 2013.
It was my first 5K, and I surprised myself tremendously.
Totally doing it again next year.
Anybody want to  join in on the fun? :)

9. Friends - New & Old

We met a few new faces in 2013, and quickly became good friends with many of them. I love having couples that Cody and I can do things with. It makes life more enjoyable. :)

Also, I reunited with one of my best friends from high school. The distance was something that always bothered me, but I was so glad we got back in touch and went to lunch that day. She's truly a sweet girl, and I hope we can continue reuniting in 2014.

8. Bridal Party

Speaking of friends, Cody and I finally asked our  friends to be apart of our bridal party!
We've hit a couple bumps in the road since then, but I'm so glad we have  the people that we do.

7. Dawgs on [Rocky] Top

We don't get to travel that much, and we really didn't in 2013.
But Cody and I managed to squeeze in a trip to Tennessee for the Georgia game.
It had to be, hands down, one of the most fun weekends of the year!

6. I'm an Adult

I made the biggest purchase of my life in 2013.
I like to say it was the day I became an adult.

I bought my very first car by myself!
And I still love that little baby!

5. Say Yes to the Dress

I also made an important wedding purchase!
I completely unexpectedly bought my wedding dress.

I picked it up  just the other day, and I'm still completely in love with it.

4. The Cutest Tiger in Auburn

Who knew wrist rolls would completely melt your heart!
One of my best friends, Brittany, welcomed her precious little boy into the world over the summer. I've never been so happy for someone and proud.
I love that little guy. Especially his wrist rolls.

3. Second Grade

I was so blessed to be given an opportunity to teach again this year.
I would have stuck it out with 5th grade again, but I truly found my love in 2nd grade.
I couldn't be happier with those little boogers, despite the tears, snot and shoe laces.

2. Engagement Pictures

I still look at our engagement pictures and love them so much.
After being engaged for a year and a half, it was nice to check off such a big milestone in the wedding planning process.

1. Us

This upcoming year marks a huge milestone in  our relationship, but in our life as well.
As Cody and I inch closer to June 7th, I feel completely ready for the adventure ahead.
Our relationship has grown so much within the last year, that I never thought could be possible. We started the year struggling to figure out how to live together under the same roof, to not wanting to be apart [as cheesy as that sounds]. 

I truly can't wait to marry him.

---

I hope everybody has a safe and happy New Year tonight!
See y'all in 2014...

8 comments :

  1. Beautiful post - thanks for sharing!!

    <3
    Harlynn
    www.mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free wine!? Yes! :) Pretty good year for ya! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see another Ga fan. not too happy how they turned out this season. but maybe 2014 will be their year. hope you have a great night. Sounds mighty wild. what kind of board games? LOL

    pinkowl07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had an amazing 2013. 2014 is going to bring you even more amazing moments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing 2013! Can't wait to get to know you more and see what 2013 holds. I love the photo collage, what program did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty awesome 2013 milestones indeed! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete