Monday, April 7, 2014

April Goals


Well, I'm a couple days into April and I just now got around to jotting down my goals for the month. So without wasting even more time, I'm just going to jump right in!
 

 
1. Eat healthy. Workout.
Didn't you know this one had to be on the list?
EXACTLY two months to go until the wedding day, and I got to fit this fluffy body into my dress!I feel like I've done a good job eating healthy - I've definitely changed some habits.
And really this is the longest I've stuck to eating healthy, and this time around, I have a completely different mindset. A more permanent mindset. I hope it sticks around.
But as for "working out," well, I could do better. Time is my issue. I need to figure out a balance, and make sure I have the mindset to make time for it. I hope next week when I'm on spring break, I get myself going.
 
2.  Save, but spend.
Contradicting much?
I have a lot of expenses coming up that are all wedding related.
But I don't want to get carried away with buying wedding stuff that I feel like it's okay to buy stuff I don't really "need." Like those sunglasses I bought from Target last month... total want. Not a need.
 
3. Be a better blogger.
I've slacked majorly in this field.
Lack of inspiration. Tiredness. No time.
Whatever the excuse is, I'd like to get back into the swing of blogging.
I've been a total FAILURE at replying to people's sweet comments.
I love reading everybody responses to my few and far between posts, but by the time I get home, I rarely open up my computer anymore. I also suck at commenting on people's blogs that I LOVE. Terrible. I'm hoping next week will give me a lot of time to catch up in the blogging world.
 
4. Buy a dress/outfit for my wedding shower.
I would like to make my sister Whitney tag along with me and go shopping for something next week or so. My shower is April 26th, so I have a few weeks to look. But I know if I wait until the last minute, I won't find anything! Isn't that always how it works?
 
5. First dress fitting.
This probably really isn't a goal, it's more of a have to do.
But I feel better when I write things down. :)
April 12th by the way.
 
6. Figure out what jewelry I'm going to wear for my wedding day.
I have a few ideas. I really want to keep it simple.
I'm thinking smaller earrings, something for my hair and a bracelet.
For all my already married ladies out there, what jewelry did you choose for your day?
 
7. Ask a very sweet little peanut to be our ring bearer.
I can't mention any names, but if he says yes, we will probably have the cutest ring bearer in the entire world. We originally weren't going to have a ring bearer, but we had a change of heart after we spent some time with this little boy. I can't wait to ask. :)

8. Use my time wisely.
I found out the last two nine weeks of school, I waited until the end of the 9-weeks to grade a lot of my papers. And what does that cause? Stress.
With our wedding a couple weeks after the end of school, the last thing I want to do is be stressed out over things I could have avoided.
 
9. Have patience.
I have found that when I'm overly patient with my students, they listen to me so much better. (most of the time) There's always that one little booger that pushes me to my breaking point. I don't want to negatively affect my other kids with a poor attitude, especially since I only get to spend six more weeks with them.

10. Guestbook.
I decided to go with a guestbook for our wedding, plus the fingerprint tree my Nannie already painted for me. But I'd like to make one with our engagement pictures.
I started making one with Shutterfly, and I love what I have already.
It will be a keepsake on our future coffee table for years to come.
 
So there we go. Ten goals for April.
I'm thinking these are pretty attainable, so we'll see how it turns out at the end of the month!
Now I just need to make sure I remember what they are in a couple weeks when I normally forget. :)
 

 photo fiiiiiiiindmeeee_zps496dabcf.png

11 comments :

  1. Yes to eat healthy and work out! It's time to start before summer officially arrives, I've been putting it off for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! You are going to rock them this month girly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of these are similar to mine well, minus the the wedding items :) Finding time to workout is so difficult. I have resorted to waking up super early in the morning. It is horrible in the morning but well worth it to relax a bit in the afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friend, I totally understand feeling like there isn't enough time in the day to work out. I want to encourage you, though--try doing HIIT training ( high intensity workouts) it burns more fat AND seriously, you can totally do it in like 15-20 minute sessions and be DONE. I've been doing that, and I see more results than I did when I worked out for an hour. I know you weren't asking for advice, but I had to tell you this, because I think it would totally work out for you--especially since you're so busy with your wedding coming up. I wish I would have learned this a LONG time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like eating healthy and working out is ALWAYS on any goal list I make. Something that needs constant work! SIGH!

    I work diamond stud earrings and a bracelet on my wedding day. I like it simple...what you have planned sounds perfect! I am sure you can accomplish everything on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great goals!! I bet it will be a busy month! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I would have done my wedding planning in small doses like you're getting to, and with the monthly goals to do them! That's such a great idea. But, it sounds like you'll be SO busy!! I hope that everything goes well with you completing these goals!

    Andi from www.mintkitchenlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Check out Red Dress Boutique online! They have great dresses for bridal showers etc!

    ReplyDelete