Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Telling the Dad-To-Be


Yesterday, I shared with y'all how I found out I was pregnant, but even more special than me finding out, was being able to tell my husband he was go to be a daddy.


I've dreamed of the day I could tell Cody such special news, and I tried to think of so many ways to do it once the day came. But of course, the day came so unexpectedly, that I really wasn't all that prepared to tell him in the special ways that I had dreamed of. 

I found out I was pregnant, Friday, April 10th and Cody was going hunting with my stepdad that evening. There was no way I was keeping that secret all weekend, so I squeezed it in before he left for the trip. Like I mentioned in the post yesterday, I burst the secret out to my sister, Whitney, as soon as I found out, which really played in my favor with telling Cody in a special way. We were spending the day shopping with my grandmother, while Cody was working. 

After lunch, our first stop was Target, which is pretty much a one-stop shop for anything you need luckily. We walked around the store, kinda aimlessly, thinking of something we could do or make to tell Cody the big news. I slowly just started piling stuff in the buggie, hoping it would come together in my mind. Gender neutral onesies, precious little baby sneakers, a snuggly teddy bear - all ended up in the cart. With my grandmother not knowing the big secret (sorry Nannie!), we blamed all these random grabs on my friend Brittany, who was expecting her second baby this October. (Hey - I knew I wanted to tell my my sweet little Nannie in a special way also, so I didn't want to spill the beans so quickly to her!

After circling the baby isle maybe ten times, I finally decided on the reveal.
The room we planned on being a nursery one day was pretty empty, so I would set up these items in the room to tell him the big surprise. Hopefully, it worked and hopefully, it was cute!

We all three headed to my house (with poor Nannie still in the dark), to set up the reveal room. While Nannie waited in the living room so sweetly and patiently, Whitney and I quickly set everything up because we knew Cody would be home any minute to gather his belongings for his hunting trip. I so very sloppily put together a chalkboard sign, strategically placed the teddy bear and onesies in a wicker basket, and set the tiny little shoes in front of the chalkboard. And then we waited.






What seemed to be 10 hours was probably 10 minutes before Cody's car backed into the driveway. For another 10 hours, he talked on the phone outside, gathered his work belongings, and slowly (so slowly!!) creeped into the door. Why this took so long I have no idea! He greeted Nannie, who apparently was tired of waiting on the couch (who can blame the poor woman) was cleaning our kitchen up a bit and then, I finally had my chance. 

With Whitney in "the bathroom" aka. hiding with my camera in the reveal room, I asked him if he could help me get something down in the closet. We walked down the hallway, my heart racing, opened the door for him, and stepped back while he took a step into the doorway.










Leave it to Maci to work her way into the picture... I sense some jealously. :)

In case you missed how I found out I was pregnant, check out the post here.

 photo signature_zpsef1dea38.png

18 comments :

  1. I love that you were able to get his reaction on camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was super cute how you told him :) I even loved his face expressions :) You did good soon to be mamma..

    ReplyDelete
  3. His reaction was priceless! So cool that your sis was there to document that special moment for you both! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just the sweetest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love that print! Was that a target find as well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww this is sooooo sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a awesome soon-to-be daddy reaction! Congrats to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are priceless! What a fun way to tell your husband. I also used the "and baby makes three" picture to tell my husband. Great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet! And how fun to have these photos to always look back on that special day! I wish I had been more creative when I told Dan, but just couldn't wait to tell him! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so precious!! What a great idea! That's so good you were able to get everything on camera too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This literally made me cry! I just love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very sweet! I am so excited to read about your journey through pregnancy. It is the best! I just had twin baby girls 5 1/2 months ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's the sweetest reveal ever! Does Nannie have a clue yet? The pictures of your hubby's reaction are priceless! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That first facial expression is priceless!!! I absolutely love the way you thought to tell him. How perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! Tears in my eyes! This is so sweet! I wish I could have told my hubs in a cute way, but in a twist of fate.. he's actually the one that told ME I was pregnant! Oh, and your poor Nannie! Please tell me someone let her in on the big secret!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO CUTE!!! I hope your nannie knows by now, that poor lady ;) Also, I love you dogs name!

    ReplyDelete