Sunday, September 11, 2016

Challenge: Love Your Body


Bathing suit shopping can really put things into perspective for ya if you aren't careful!
Grab the wrong size, pick the wrong style, or for me - put one on at all!
That's how I felt two months ago.
Bathing suit shopping was a cruel punishment.
But punishment for what?

Punishment for not taking care of myself?
I knew in my heart that I wasn't being healthy. I knew I wasn't exercising like I should. I wasn't watching what I was putting into my body. I was still holding on the baby weight months after the actual baby was born. And it was definitely showing.
But I'm not talking showing physically.
It was showing through my lack of self-confidence.

Towards the end of July, I began watching what I ate as many of you know by now. I began exercising. I began truly taking care of myself. 
And then I began to show...self-confidence.

I have a long way to go in my health and fitness journey.
For me, this is a lifestyle I want to uphold my not only me, but for my family.
Especially for my daughter.

I've found that the more I take care of myself, the more I exercise, the more control I have over what I eat, the more I love my body. The more I appreciate my body. Even though I have a long way to go to where I want to be. It's easier to see past my seemingly "flaws" and appreciate the beauty my body has to offer. (Kinda weird saying "beauty" and "my body" in the same sentence! But it's something I want to get used to!)

So. What do I love about my body?
I love the fact that my body created this perfect little human being, and I have the marks to show for it. I love how strong my legs are for my workouts. I love my arms that let me squeeze my family tight. 

Now I challenge you...
What do you love about your body?


 photo sign_zpsxdahgkfa.png

No comments :

Post a Comment