Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Transformation Tuesday | 21 Day Fix | Two Rounds


So. How terrifying is this.
When I first took the picture down below on July 24th, I thought there was NO WAY I'd ever show these pictures to anybody! EVER. You couldn't make me.

My coach recommended I take 'before' pictures before I started my first round of 21 Day Fix. Sometimes your body will show progress, and not the scale.
Scales are evil in that way.
So, I obliged. 

And then here we are.
Terrified that I am even showing the world the picture on left, and still a little scared to show my most current photo on the right. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't damn proud of my progress.
Because I am. But through the progress, I still see things I want to change, and goals I still want to achieve. And lets face it - it's just plain scary putting yourself out here like this.

So why do it?
Because I needed somebody to show me the possibilities, like my coach did for me.
And I hope I can be that person or coach for somebody else.
To break through the seemingly impossible.
Because that's how I felt in the picture on the left.
Like this was going to be impossible.


But look.
It wasn't impossible.
I survived not only one round of 21 Day Fix, but two.
And that's what the pictures above show.

So here's a little breakdown of my experience with 21 Day Fix:

*Side note: I worked out all summer (way longer than 42 days!!!) And lost only 2 pounds. 

2 Rounds | 42 Days | 21 Day Fix

Total Weight Lost: 10 pounds

Total Inches Lost: 8 inches

>> Prior to 21 Day Fix <<

Feeling: Defeated, self-conscious, bloated, unhappy

Eating: Eating "healthy" so I thought - more carbs than I realized and even too much of those "good fats," craving sweets A LOT

Exercise: Walking during the week, workout program from my computer

Clothing: Wearing a size large in shirts, not many of my clothes fit, and I didn't want to buy new larger sized clothes. Kinda in denial.


>> After 2 Rounds of 21 Day Fix <<

Feeling: More confident, happy, excited for the future, healthy

Eating: Following the 21 Day Fix meal plans - eating more proteins and vegetables - eating carbs still and good fats, but in moderation. I never feel like I'm missing out on yummy food, and rarely crave unhealthy junk food

Exercise: Completed a 30 minute workout every day for 42 days - some days it was at 5am and some days it was at 10pm. But I got it done.

Clothing: Slowly getting back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. Still have a ways to go for some, but baby steps!

Worst Moment During 21 Days (2 Rounds): I cried after my first workout. I thought there was no way I would be able to do this. I almost passed out, could hardly catch my breath. It was a sight to be seen.

Best Moment During My 21 Days (2 Rounds): Just plain feeling healthy. Waking up not feeling bloated. Feeling my clothes get looser and looser each week. And of course - watching the scale drop - even though I've learned that that's not the most important thing!

Most Challenging Moment: Turning down eating out during my first week of 21 Day Fix / first week of teacher pre-planning. I literally turned down food for 5 days straight. In the past, I would have so given in because everybody else was. Although it was the most challenging, I proved to myself what I was capable of.

What I've Learned: Meal prepping - KEY TO SUCCESS!
Drinking Shakeology was the best decision I've made in this journey - no more stomach aches, clearer skin, feeling full longer, no more unhealthy cravings. You're able to eat way more than you realize!

Where Do I Go From Here: I started my next program - 22 Minute Hard Corps. It's hard, but I'm loving it! I also have become a coach! I'm trying to help others see their possibilities and feel great about themselves like I have.

---

Y'all. This program is totally doable.
I never thought of myself as very fit or healthy. 
I always told myself I loved food way too much to be a fit person.
But I still love food, I'm eating yummy food, and not feeling guilty.
I've learned self-control - which was literally, my biggest weakness.
It's unreal what this has done for me.
And it could easily be done for you too!

If you want more information about this, or have questions, I'd love to talk with you!

 photo sign_zpsxdahgkfa.png

No comments :

Post a Comment