Tuesday, September 17, 2013

In All Honesty - Inspiration from A Sweet Georgia Peach

I read a blog yesterday that was incredibly eye opening.
I was immediately drawn in by her pure honesty and openness. 
She was brave and courageous for sharing her struggle.
And in all honesty, I really related.

 I met (kinda) Kerri over at A Sweet Georgia Peach in college.
We had the same dream of becoming a teacher.
We had many classes together.
But never actually spoke to one another.
Somehow, in this crazy blog world, one blog led to another, and I eventually stumbled upon Kerri's. 
I realized I knew her from college, and again realized that  I loved reading what she had to say in her "corner" of the blog world, as Kerri says.

Kerri took an unknown break from the blog world for a little bit.
For unknown reasons to her readers.
Truly, I figured she was really busy with school. 
(I know I'm about dying for Thanksgiving Break and it's not even October.)

So as I read through her post yesterday, I thought a lot to myself and a sense of surprise overtook.
Her reasons for taking a break were not what I expected.
She openly shared her feelings about not feeling good enough.
And since I entered the blog world, I can honestly say I've had the same feelings.

Looking at all the trendy outfits. Buying expensive bags and shoes.
Having babies. Getting married. Buying houses.
And yes, I'm about to say this...
Reading about girl's amazing relationship with God that seems to never fail them. 

Reading those things makes me feel inadequate at times.
Yeah, I know I have nice things.
I know I'm very blessed.
But sometimes, it doesn't feel good enough.
Jealousy? Maybe sometimes.
Insecurities? You bet. 
Of course, God plays a huge part in my life.
But sometimes their relationship seems much more powerful than mine.
Personal issues that I need to work on, obviously.

Kerri said all the same things that I've already felt.
But the difference between Kerri and I, was that Kerri was brave enough to admit it.
It took Kerri's post to push me to share my struggles with my readers.
(Even if I only have a handful of followers.)

So with that being said, I vow to be more open and honest regarding my struggles in life.
I don't ever want to come across as one of those girls who has everything, and nothing goes wrong. Because that's unrealistic.
My goal is to be relatable, like Kerri was for me.
Those are the blogs that I find the most interest in.
Not the perfect lives, perfect outfits, perfect everything blogs.
Because I'm not perfect.

I owe a HUGE thank you to Kerri.
Thank you for being brave, honest and relatable.
You were very inspirational.
I can only hope I can be the same for somebody else. 

4 comments :

  1. Love this, I have been feeling the same way! Our lives may not be blog-worthy perfect but I would say we have it pretty dang good! I love our lives and I love you bestie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we've all felt this way at some time or another. I was feeling this way two weeks ago and felt like just throwing in the towel, but at the end of the day I blog for me, so...I let it go :) Great post!

    Hosting my first give-a-way and I think you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think thats what I love most about the blog world and finding other bloggers out there that you can relate to. It gives you a sense of welcomeness and likeness, even with women you have never met before. I find myself constantly reading posts and thinking to myself, my goodness she and I are so much alike! Sometimes all it takes is feeling like you aren't alone and that others are going through the same things as you to get you through a difficult time. I am so thankful for blogs like yours that put a smile on my face every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. That is so honest and I am in love. I feel that same way all the time, I thought I was the only one. I love being able to find other people with whom I can realte to. So blessed. I am glad you were able to stumble upon her blog, and now, so am I.

    ReplyDelete