Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Day I Officially Became An Adult


Technically, I was an adult  five years ago.
But in all honesty, I've relied on help from my parents for the majority of the those five years.

Like my car, for example.
My parents bought my first car when I turned 16.
They didn't make me pay for. I didn't pay for the insurance until I got a big-girl job.
All I really did was put gas in it.
I was very lucky in that sense.
It was never something I had to worry about.

But sometimes, there comes a day, where you have to grow up.
Venture out on your own a little bit.
Stop dipping your toe in the water.
DO A CANNONBALL INSTEAD.

And that's what I did.

 I BOUGHT MY VERY FIRST, NO HELP FROM MY PARENTS, ON MY OWN, MY RESPONSIBILITY, CAR.

And I couldn't be happier!
I love her!

The process happened pretty quick really.
Saturday, I ran the idea by my mom.
Sunday, we went to look at cars.
I was interested in KIA.
Monday, salesman calls and says I have a car.
I buy the car.
Done deal.

Originally, the Forte wasn't my choice.
In my dreams, I'd be driving a brand new Jeep Cherokee.
But, this is reality.
And reality is, I live on a teacher's salary.
And I drive 70 miles a day, back and forth, to work.
So gas mileage is pretty important.
But I couldn't be happier with my mini Optima.

The heated seats won my heart instantly.

Bye bye Liberty.
Hello Forte.


5 comments :

  1. Yay! It's the greatest feeling when you drive away in something that you did in your own! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new car!! I still depend on my parents for a lot, but I'm looking forward to the day I can give them a break and start feeling like a big girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! I feel you on the Jeep - gosh we want one so bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congradulation on your adulthood!!! Your new car looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete