Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Weekend Recap: Every Dawg Has His Day

"Can't win every game we play, but every dawg has his days."
 You said it, Corey Smith.

Georgia didn't win on Saturday, but that's okay.
Sometimes you win, and sometimes your effort just isn't enough.
But I couldn't be more proud of how my Dawgs played, especially with the national spotlight on the game, and the hostile away environment they had to play under. 
Clemson played a great game, and they just had a little bit more success that night.

The good news is, we have a game next weekend to get ready for.
And it's really an even bigger game.
The Gamecocks are rolling into Athens, and it's the first SEC game of the season.
Crossing my fingers (and my toes) that Spurrier throws his visor many times next Saturday. :)

Friday night, Cody and I headed to Hibbett Sports. 
Cody wanted some gameday shoes, and really I just went along to accompany him.
Mistake.
Who knew that Hibbett's has some of the most adorable Georgia gear!
To make a long story short, I ended up buying more than Cody.
(Post coming this week!)
We ended our evening at Longhorn, which was DEEEEE-LICIOUS.

We planned on spending our long Labor Day weekend at my parent's house.

With the game that night, and the Atlanta race Sunday night, we figured we'd make a weekend of it.
The guys grilled out, and my mommy made some delicious sides to go with it.

Lucky for me, I finally caught the cold that all my little 2nd grade babies have been sniffling about. I started feeling icky Friday, but really felt bad Saturday and Sunday.
BUT!
That didn't stop me from pretending I was at the Georgia game!
Maci and me put on our game day attire, and looked adorable in our red and black. :)

Sunday, was a pretty big day for me.
Monday being even bigger.
I don't want to spoil the fun for now, but I made a pretty big, adult purchase this weekend!
I'm super excited, and can't wait to share with y'all!

We did watch the NASCAR race together Sunday night and grilled out again.
Normally, Cody and I try to make it to the Atlanta race, but this weekend, we just really wanted to save money. Which turned out to be a smart decision since I've been sick.
I was hoping for a Jimmie Johnson win, since Georgia failed to deliver.
But no such luck.
It wasn't my weekend, sports wise.

But I did have so much fun with my family and friends.
It was relaxing and enjoyable.
Wishing I had another day off.

Here are the pics from the weekend!
Happy Tuesday y'all!

Saturday









 





 








Sunday






3 comments :

  1. Umm I am so obsessed with so many of these pictures! The one of you and Miss Maci, the one of y'all kissing, the one with your pom-pom! So cute! Excited about your big news ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is your sweet pup!!! You are so dang photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun get-together! I live with a die-hard Gamecocks fan (my husband LOL), so even though we're not in Georgia, this looks like a fun party we would throw here in the Carolinas. :)

    I love your blog! The pastel design is so cute, and your photos are amazing. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete