Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tailgate Recipe: Boiled Peanuts


Here's the recipe I used to boil peanuts for last Saturday's tailgate.
They turned out perfect, and they're definitely something I'll be making a lot more.
I mean, they cook while you're asleep.
How awesome is that?



Friday night I went to Kroger and bought two 16 oz. bags of green peanuts.
They were $2.99 a bag.
Yes, they're cheap too.

I used my big crockpot, and dumped a bag and a half into the pot.
I used my little crockpot for the other half of the bag.
In the big crockpot, I added 1/2 cup of salt and 2 1/2 quarts of water, maybe even a little less.
They were all floating in water, and that's what you want.
Turned it on high, and let them cook for 8 hours.
Drained the water, dumped them in tupperware, and was ready to go.

They were delicious, and lucky for us, we had a ton left over!
So we enjoyed them a couple days after Saturday.

Cheap. Easy. Delicious.
My kind of recipe.

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to make these for tailgating in Auburn Saturday! =)

    ReplyDelete